Friday 14 July 2023

A few acceptances and many submissions

I'm ticking over at about 1 a month. Recently there's been

  • Side effects (And other poems)
  • Pick-up (Flashflood)
  • "A promising writer" (Flash) in "51 and a half games and ideas for writers" (Vanessa Gebbie)

In the post I have -

  • 9 Stories, 3 of them in competitions. I think my best stories remain unpublished so I'll keep plugging away.
  • 9 Flashes. Unlike the stories and poems, most of these were written in the last year.
  • 12 Poems. Most of these go back a long way - decades even.

2 comments:

  1. I like these. They’re both thought-provoking but I especially enjoyed ‘Side Effects’. The benchmark for me usually is: “Damn, I wish I’d written that.” A couple of days ago I actually sent out my first short story in probably over a decade. It was a site looking for modern fairy stories and it just so happens I’d written a modern take on Red Riding Hood so, probably not what they’re looking for but what the hell. It’s always a complete mystery why editors choose the stories and poems they do; they almost never pick the one I would’ve gone for in their place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Good to see that you're getting your pieces out again too. There's a big chance element to it all, but the more you send out the better your chances

    ReplyDelete