Tuesday 19 August 2014

UK literary magazines - an update

Magazines come and go. Here's a UK update -

Gone

Some of my main markets have disappeared

  • Weyfarers - After 115 editions, the poetry magazine Weyfarers is closing down. They cite "rising costs and the increasingly diverse forms of publication now available to poets". They published 25 of my poems.
  • Other Poetry - It's dormant (funding issues). They published 11 of my poems.
  • Assent - Apparently dormant. It carried on from Poetry Nottingham. Together the 2 magazines published 22 of my poems.

Newish [e-]paper mags

I'm surprized that so many of the newcomers are paper-based. Often they have high production values

Newish online mags

Some of these are already attracting big names and are seen on Acknowledgements pages in books.

No comments:

Post a Comment